Costco golden select laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am surprised that this topic is not discussed on this forum.

Costco sell a 12 mom laminate floor which has a 2mm foam backing therefore making a total of 14mm thickness

It is made in Germany and cost £15 a metre including vat.

Has anyone actually used this floor and compared it to Wickes or kronos laminate.

I think it has a hdf core but it does not seem that popular here on the U.K. apparently they sell a lot in Canada

Your thoughts?

https://www.costco.co.uk/c/Golden-S...ng-with-Foam-Underlay-116-m-Per-Pack/p/267008

Sponsored Links
You must be easily suprised, do you work for Costco.?
No I don’t.

Have you used this laminate?. Apart from thickness how can you differentiate the quality of two different laminate boards?

Wickes sell a 12mm for £8 a square metre after trade pro discount.

This is twice the price. How can I tell whether it’s decent

Sponsored Links
What exactly leads you to conclude it is rubbish? It is ac4 has a 35 year residential warranty

What does the kwik step which leads you to believe it is better specification

Because every laminate I’ve fitted with underlay built in I’ve found rubbish.
Your paying extra to have a thin layer of foam built in. Better to buy a separate underlay.
Quickstep is regarded as the best Lamainte in the world by most professionals that I know.

Because every laminate I’ve fitted with underlay built in I’ve found rubbish.
Your paying extra to have a thin layer of foam built in. Better to buy a separate underlay.
Quickstep is regarded as the best Lamainte in the world by most professionals that I know.
And Bernard madoff was the best fund manager for decades. Just because most people pay more for coke then Pepsi does not make it a better product

If you tell me one has a solid core whereas the other is chipboard then I start to see where you come from

I wouldn't fit anything other than Quickstep with it's "Uniclick" fitting system.

I had a look at a lot of boards and some of the fitting systems were frankly not fit for purpose.

Everyone I've spoken to recomended QuickStep and never heard a bad word about it.

I used Diall undlerlay tiles from B&Q, nice and thick, easy to fit and cut. Floors been down over a year now with no issues.

Buy right ot buy twice as they say..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back