Laminate floor bubbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About six weeks ago we had laminate floor fitted. We have recently noticed the laminate has started to appear that it is bubbling down the joints. We called back the fitter who said it must be a bad batch of flooring and to go back to B&Q where we purchased the flooring from. We rang B&Q and they asked us what sub floor the laminate was on, we explained that in the dining room it was on a concrete floor and in the lounge it was on a wooden floor. They asked if we used a suitable underlay, i.e underlay with a damp proof membrane. Here is a link to the underlay we used,
http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/floori...d-Q-Value-Foam-Laminate-Underlay-2mm-10617546
Does anyone know if this underlay is suitable for concrete floor?
The dining room was built as an extension several years ago and appears dry, the builder put a membrane down before he concreted so I don't think that there should be a problem with damp????
I am know expert with laminate flooring that is why I paid someone who told me he could do it, to do it...
Also what other things could cause this lifting/ bulging of the floor?
Thanks in advance, I will check back later.

Lorraine.

Sponsored Links
Hi Freddie, the fitter told me he had left a expansion gap around the perimeter but never gave me any measurements.

When you say 'bubbling', do you mean the edges of the laminate joins are curving slightly upwards, and starting to open a fraction?
Thats a sure sign that the floor hasn't been allowed to move and acclimatise.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Can't see damp being the problem after just 6 weeks.
Is there beading around the perimeter?
Who fitted it?
Was it cheap laminate from b & q or good laminate! Like quickstep?
Can you post any pictures of the bubbling?

How have you been cleaning the floor? Mop and Bucket? or something else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back