Laminate without staggering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to put some laminate style bathroom flooring down. It is the tile effect stuff intended for bathrooms.

It comes in 1285mm x 327mm 'planks'.

The bathroom is only small and the area that needs the flooring is 1.2m x 1.7m.

Whenever I have installed laminate before I have always ensure it is staggered when fitted otherwise it would look rubbish where all the joins are. However would it be acceptable and perhaps even better to install it in this case without staggering it?

As the planks are longer than the width of the room I could just lay plank after plank, this would reduce the work to fit it and would also reduce the number of joints for water to get into.

The only other downside to this is that the joins would run across the room, if I was staggering the planks I would also rotate them 90* so that they follow the way you walk and the lines run toward the window.

Oh and as an extra question, I haven't fitted the skirting and the architrave yet, would you fit them before or after the flooring. I was going to fit them tomorrow as I'm tiling the room and need them in place before I tile up to them. So I would have to fit the flooring now and cover it up while I finish tiling etc.

Sponsored Links
your choice really 300mm is the minimum stagger so full planks complies
but suggest running planks along the longer length looks better more natural more interesting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back