Laminate worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to find some laminate kitchen worktops in bright colours. Every site I check has "80 colours" but when I look they are all, in fact, brown or grey. I know that I could have some made if only I could find a manufacturer in this country.
Can anybody help me....please..... to find a supplier of coloured worktops, or a manufacturer that will make me one?

Sponsored Links
I think this may be what you are looking for:

doctor-2.jpg

:evil:

Hepful Fred! to a new member too!

OP, try reposting this question in woodwork/carpentry, you might get a sensible answer. Might. :rolleyes:

Aw ok, twas maybe a tad harsh. As its not the norm, a coloured worktop will undoubtedly be bespoke which will mean £300 or so per length for a laminated jobby, if the OP is still interested I'll find a few suppliers. You could always go Corian but then it'll be ££££'s!

Sponsored Links
I have tried John Porter and BGN so far. They both said they could do it but JP quoted £800 a length - oh, I wanted it wider than the standard 900mm - and BGN haven't replied after 2 weeks and several phone calls.

Thank you, Fred - if you can suggest anyone else I'll take the contract off your dog....

I looked at Corian but it isn't robust enough. I do a lot of cooking and don't want to start using trivets.

I didn't think to post in Carpentry and woodwork because worktops aren't wood.....

I have tried John Porter and BGN so far. They both said they could do it but JP quoted £800 a length - oh, I wanted it wider than the standard 900mm
Do you mean wider than 600mm? Thats the standard! Its time to start approaching shopfitters or bespoke furniture manufacturers eg http://www.shopfitters.org/MemberList.asp?L=1 but I'd be surprised if you're not into £800+ territory anyway. You won't find a standard oversized worktop in an unusual colour off the shelf.

I looked at Corian but it isn't robust enough. I do a lot of cooking and don't want to start using trivets.

Corian is much more robust than compressed chipwood with a laminate on top[you kitchen worktop] and a trivet should always be used on laminate worktops as they are not robust enough to withstand great heat without risk of blowing.

You could approach a 'manufacturer' like Bushboard. They probably won't sell to you direct, but will provide samples and tell you where to buy from. I haven't bought from them for some time, but they used to make tops up to 1200mm deep (the maximum size laminate is made in).

As for price, I would expect to pay between £60 - £300 per lenght depending on quality and sizes.

No laminate worktop producer will ever give you a guarantee for putting hot pans on them although most laminate manufacturers will tell you the maximum temperature they will withstand (not allowing for the glue to the chipboard under of course !)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back