LAMONA HJA 8704 WASHER DRYER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I have had this washer dryer just over a year and the dryer has suddenly stopped drying - just out of warranty ofcourse - anybody had this before or any ideas what might be the cause ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
I can only offer you generic information as Lamona appliances are re-badged machines. Take off the lid & check the dryer thermostats, one may have popped (may be the resettable type). Post all the info on the door sticker & I'll see if I can track down the manufacturer & perhaps get more info.

Zipper it's a howdens mc , poss Chinese. loads of reviews on google.

hi zipper

here is the info off the sticker

made in italy
MOD hja 8704
N 31800097 0935 1989
G
type lcmb
13A
2150w
rpm 1400
220-240v IPX4
then just
lamona
thorpe rd
howden DN14 7PA

HDA

thats all on the door sticker

would have posted a picture but me camera battery just died

Sponsored Links
not too impressed with appliances - have a wine coolerfrom howdens that stopped cooling - just out of warranty aswell ! :(

As Rocks says this is a Howdens Joinery Company re-badged machine, it could have be made anywhere by anyone & they have a very poor reputation. Luckily for you this particular model isn't produced in China...but don't clap your hands just yet because this is a re-badged Hoover/Candy appliance (which doesn't have the best reputation either). These models were later retro-fitted with better TOC thermostats. Take off the lid & look for a double (re-settable) thermostat on the aluminum heater box. Re-set both buttons. If it works afterwards remove the thermostat & replace it with this http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=41027552 (the new modified TOC). Pull the plug before removing the lid...

thanks for that zipper - will do tomorow and thanks for the link - will keep you posted !

personally its savin a fortune on lecky - but she who must be obeyed likes her dryer !

Washer/dryers were a great idea (on paper)....but unfortunately they just don't work very well for very long :(

If you can beg or borrow a multimeter/continuity tester you could check the thermostats before & after re-setting.

hi guys - took the top off this mornin - i think the picture shows the TOC .

both buttons were out and gave little clicks when pushed in

allready reset it though sorry didn't see the last post - it's running now so fingers crossed

so would it be best to replace the TOC entirely or see if it happens again ?

I have a multimeter BTW - if i need it do i just check for open circuit ?

cheers guys

update zipper - washin machine door nice and warm now thanks mate !

Do you reckon this might be a one off and just wait and see if it trips again or it's a faulty TOC and replace with the one you linked too me ?

BTW - any idea why if it's a Thermal Cut Out it's a TOC and not a TCO ?

She who must be obeyed will be happy now !

( If only I can find anybody who knows out about Lamona wine coolers )

Cheers

checked after the cycle and one of the buttons had tripped again !

but there is a small fan attached to the aluminum heater box which when i spun it manually made a bit of a scraping noise coming from inside the box - tightened the bolts and it stopped - doing another cycle now - but it looks like a new TCO i think !

If the fan jams or gets stuck it will set the toc off. If you have fixed the fan try it again. The toc is a safety feature to stop dryer overheating. Also if there's a build up of fluff in the condenser it will trip again.

thanks rocks1 - not sure which is the condenser though - will have a look when its finished !

Condenser is a tube or bottle looking thing at the back of the drum , it will be attached to the heater box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back