LandLord Certificates

• Thread starter Simonbeasley1
  • Start date
S

Simonbeasley1

In a weeks time i will be starting my Gas foundation course. As a plumber i get asked to do Landlord certificates in which i decline as not GSR'd.

With my foundation course i need to provide the relevant 'on the job' experience for the that ACS module i will be taken. I beleive i have sufficient for CEN1 at this stage.

So if i pass my acs, join as an operative on my friends firm. Will i be able to issue Landlord certificates? or do i need to hold ACS modules in Gas fires, Cookers etc?

idealy i like to have sufficient eveidence for all of these modules and more but in reality i doubt if i will get the services, installs etc in before mid aug to satisfy the on the job experience.

regards

Simon

Sponsored Links
If you have CCN1 and CEN1 you can issue CP12's for boilers

to issue on other types of appliane you MUST have the appropriate ACS module

it sucks

:)

thanks Corgiman

I thought that would be the case oh well just need to find a few fires, hot air, cookers to service by mid aug.

why does it suck? How can you be confident something is safe unless you are qualified and know exactly what to look for?

Sponsored Links
When you have just passed your acs, you should not be sent out on your own to do any gaswork, especially not lgcs work. Lots of dodgy landlords that have done some clever diy to hide dangerous defects, and obscene lack of maintenance.
It takes a while to learn what to look for, and without that knowledge, you are bound to declare installations safe.
The last one I did for example, was completely boxed in, hiding a defective flue.
The one before that, the tenant had used the flue as an aerial mounting. You probably would have spotted that, if you realised the flue needs visual inspection from outside. I had no access to the garden, but insisted on looking through the bedroom window, and voila.
The ones that are really tricky are those where you can tick all the boxes, but are really badly maintained, resulting in a variety of problems likely to happen in the coming 12 months. To cover yourself, you have to note those on the form as remarks; as there are no indications on the form, you can only spot them if you know what to look for.

why does it suck? How can you be confident something is safe unless you are qualified and know exactly what to look for?

I think the CCN1 should cover CP12's as it is the most comprehensive course/exam we undertake

the other modules are jst a rip off IMHO, the CEN1 has something like 5 questions!

I remember taking me cooker, boilers WAU water heaters space heaters on one day I was finished by two in the afternoon!!!!!

They are a tax pure and simple

thats Why I think it sucks

:)

I think the CCN1 should cover CP12's as it is the most comprehensive course/exam we undertake

the other modules are jst a rip off IMHO, the CEN1 has something like 5 questions!

I remember taking me cooker, boilers WAU water heaters space heaters on one day I was finished by two in the afternoon!!!!!

That is supposed to be a secret.
The official reason is that ACS was brought in to improve gas-safety, the same as why the incredibly competent and knowledgeable crapita have been brought in to take over from the kennel.

That is supposed to be a secret.
The official reason is that ACS was brought in to improve gas-safety, the same as why the incredibly competent and knowledgeable crapita have been brought in to take over from the kennel.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Stoppit

LMAO

I cannot take

Ow me guts

:LOL:

oh mercy

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back