1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Laptop Power Supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by john4703, 16 Jul 2015.

1. john4703

john4703

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I’ve got an HP Pavilion Laptop. A great wee machine which I use when travelling. My one problem is the power supply. It is heavy and awkward. It is a 13a plug and length of mains cable, a cloverleaf plug, a power brick then a low voltage cable to a round plug with a positive centre pin. The supply is 19.5 volts and 2.31 amps.

I do a fair amount of travelling, tomorrow is a good example, 4 hours on a train, 6 hours in a meeting, two hours in a pub then four hours on a train. I need to plug in to work on the train and at the meeting.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a suitable power supply that is built into a 13a plug, the sort of thing I have for my phone. Far easier to carry and easier to use on a train.

2. gregers

gregers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    do a search not long ago i got a new plug lead from hp because a certain batch had been detected with problems?

3. Sponsored Links
  4. big-all

big-all

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    you will never get a wallwart the size off a phone charger to do a laptop battery the laptop battery is several times bigger in size and capacity
    if you could get one that size the best it could do is give a trickle charge at a rate that may not even be enough to run the machine never mind charge the battery

5. freddiemercurystwin

freddiemercurystwin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just buy a spare battery and change it when the first one dies.

6. Sponsored Links