Laptop Power Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got an HP Pavilion Laptop. A great wee machine which I use when travelling. My one problem is the power supply. It is heavy and awkward. It is a 13a plug and length of mains cable, a cloverleaf plug, a power brick then a low voltage cable to a round plug with a positive centre pin. The supply is 19.5 volts and 2.31 amps.

I do a fair amount of travelling, tomorrow is a good example, 4 hours on a train, 6 hours in a meeting, two hours in a pub then four hours on a train. I need to plug in to work on the train and at the meeting.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a suitable power supply that is built into a 13a plug, the sort of thing I have for my phone. Far easier to carry and easier to use on a train.

Sponsored Links
do a search not long ago i got a new plug lead from hp because a certain batch had been detected with problems?

you will never get a wallwart the size off a phone charger to do a laptop battery the laptop battery is several times bigger in size and capacity
if you could get one that size the best it could do is give a trickle charge at a rate that may not even be enough to run the machine never mind charge the battery

Sponsored Links
Back