Laptop screen problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
I need a little info on my laptop screen if someone can help. My 3 year old son knocked the laptop off the table onto the floor and now the screen only works when I pull the screen forward in the top left hand corner.
When this happens the screen looks perfect, there are no signs at all of any visual damage.
I have opened the casing and had a look for any loose connections but cant seem to see any.
I have been quoted £70 for a new screen but obviously did not want to buy one in case it was something daft.
If anyone has any ideas I would be hugely appreciative.
I don't think it would matter but its a Toshiba satellite l300.
Thank you Paul

Sponsored Links
Hi Paul,

Replacing the screen would be the only solution that i can offer you. I experienced the same problem with my laptop. but i got it insured so my insurance company paid me much out of the price of the screen.

Meenakshi

Is the £70 fitted price? If so that sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Sponsored Links
you could try and take the back off and check the cables are all securely in place, or look for an identical model on e-bay that's being sold for bits. but £70 to replace the screen is a good price. If you can get it through the insurance, get a local computer store to write you a cover note.

As per minty really - The ribbon from the lcd scree to the mainboard may have come loose, but its more likely its damaged now.

Could try opening it up (lots of small screws though) and have a look.
But £70 dont seem a bad price.

Or if portability aint a problem then you could use an external monitor?

Back