large BBQ chimney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of building an outside BBQ/Bar/Kitchen that will be 3 sided, open fronted and roofed, it measures 8m x 4m. One end is to be the kitchen with BBQ the rest will be an eating area.

The BBq area is approx 2.8m and will be on the 4m wall. My intention is to have all this area available for use for cooking over coals.

My question is the design of the chimney, can it be hooded then straight up through to roof or is there a specific design to draw the fumes/smoke. Also what should the surface area of the BBq be made from.

Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
The chimney will perform better if the flue is smooth and straight. You may want to terminate the flue with a cowl of some kind to prevent rain or nesting birds etc. This could be something a simple as a ridge tile or a slab bedded up on intermittent bricks or masonry to let the smoke escape.

A flue draws better when warm so don't skimp on the masonry when building the chimney.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back