Large bifold door stop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large door that opens to approaching 180° before it hits the brickwork corner.
While I like the wide opening, I need a door stop and/or something to stop it being blown/slammed onto any door stop with excessive force - some kind of progressive damper etc?

IMG_20220711_102118774_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220711_102125697.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can it actually open fully against the wall or does it hit the brickwork at the jamb first?

It's touching the brickwork in the second picture - that's what's stopping it at the moment (and the sandbag I've put there now ) I'm amazed it hasn't marked the frame. It's more something to slow it down, when a big gust of wind catches it it swings open violently and a swear it's going to snap the hinges off. I can imagine something like a fire door closer that doesn't do anything till the door is about 3/4 open.

Sponsored Links
Think I might try that (or a heavier duty version). The only problem is that I don't think my alu door has a "eurogroove" so I'll have to have a think how I fit it.
Yeah tbh I wasn't suggesting that exact make/model would fit, however you might find one along the same lines that will.

Let us know how you get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back