Large patio and path area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im thinking of renewing my patio and path area in my back garden as it is poorly laid, I would like some advice on planning to achieve a quality job, ie - where do i start ! Obviously I would need some skips to take away whats there and dig down deep enough by shovel ! I need advice on marking out and depth guide, how to achieve a fall away from house, materials for the sub -base and finishing base before the slabs go down, i was thinking of using flagstones. Currently the patio is only 1 brick below damp course! I would probably need to hire in some equipment to make the job easier so please feel free to advise on what i would need. Also, whats the best method for filling the joints and what size should they be?

Looking at the images below you can also see that i may have to lower manhole and how to i go about covering the old drain?

View media item 46340
View media item 46343
View media item 46344

Sponsored Links
There are so many questions there you'll have to do a little leg work yourself. Have a browse and a read of paving expert . com and come back with any specific queries.

Check out Marshall website for info.

It depends on what going on top of the block / slabs also.

What are you replecing it with? Block or slabs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back