Large pipe cutter to use on Unicol poles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

apologies if this is in the wrong forum thread, but as its AV related I thought I'd stick it in anyway.

Any AV installation engineers out there know where I can get a pipe cutter that'll fit drop poles? They're normally a 50mm sized pipe, chrome plated steel or powder coated, I know they are out there but I cant find em anywhere :(

Mark

Sponsored Links
Closest thing I can find on Google is an exhaust pipe cutter, Silverline stuff is ok for occasional use, I want something that'll last.

I know one of our engineers bought a Record one, dunno if they still make them . . . gonna try a plumbers merchants tomorrow

Sponsored Links
I carry an angle grinder and a chop saw in my tools on the van. Either would do the job easily. A pipe cutter would be better if cutting on-site where swarf would be a problem. There's a No.3 pipe cutter that will do 25-75mm diameter pipes.

Thanks for the replies.

Angle Grinder and Chopsaws normally mean hot works permits so wanted to avoid, Hacksaw is my usual method but wanted to cut out the time as we have loads of poles to trim.

Ashamed to say the answer was right under my nose, Rothenburger in Kettering are on the same trading estate as us, they do one which will manage the size of poles :oops: gonna give one of them a try then order one for myself

update from me looking for a pipe cutter, another subbie I worked along side suggested I tried Northern Tool, found a 10mm-60mm pipe cutter for less than £17, was a bit skeptical at the price but thought I'd give it a try (as he has done 100's of poles and is still on his first cutter)

http://www.northerntooluk.com/hand-...E.html?fhsearchterm=pipe+cutter&search=SEARCH

£16.79 inc VAT, cut some Stainless Poles and Polished Chrome ones already with mine, works a treat. Well worth the price and even comes with a replacement cutter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back