Large Terminal box?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, I need to move a consumer unit and extend the cable by about 2 metres. I was planning to crimp and heat shrink but as there are about 14 cables this could be a bit time consuming.

Does anyone know if there's a suitable terminal box available for this kind of job - rather than using loads of separate junction boxes etc?

I know that screwed connections are frowned on a bit but they would be in an accessible place and I think it would be a neater job.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
no such thing exists.

how ever nothing from stopping you using an adadaptable box

why start a new thread..?

this could have been easily asked on the end of your other thread where you were advised to use a box rather than crip joints.. ?

try RS components..
Maplin..
any good electrical wholesaler...
Screwfix...
B&Q.....

Thanks Breezer and Coljack. Sorry about the new thread Coljack, the last time I looked no one had replied so I thought it had died a death but I should have checked again before the starting a new thread.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Use a Gewiss box - GW44 209 would be a good size. Get the metal back plate to suit, and pop-rivet a length of dinrail to this. Attach 4mm dinrail terminals to this (larger if required for a couple circuits). Use earth terminals for the earths.

Thanks Lectrician, that's really helpful.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back