Commoned terminals junction boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am aware of MK1132 & MK1133 junction boxes (see below). Does anyone know of any junction boxes which extend this concept to more (than 3) sets of commoned terminals and/or more (than 4) terminals per set? Alternatively, is there a ready source of sets of commoned terminals that would be suitable for mounting in an enclosure; I suppose I could use 'earth blocks', but they would be somewhat of 'overkill'. I've hunted around, so far with no success. Thanks for any ideas.

MK1132.JPG

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
DIN rail through terminals with jumper bars.
Thanks. I did consider that, but it's a very bulky and quite expensive option. If I were to go down that route, are the jumper bars easily available?

One simple and cheap option I've often used in the past is to use standard cheapo connector strips with wire jumpers, but i was wondering if there is a 'custom made' product available.

Kind Regards, John.

What you need is for someone to make things like these:

choclinks2.jpg

Jumper bars would be standard accessories for all (? most ?) makes of DIN rail terminals.

Or there are products like these:

http://www.erico.com/products.asp?folderid=192

Other than that it's earth blocks, earth/neutral bars for CUs, Henley blocks etc, but the former aren't insulated and the latter are big, and all of them are a bit "using something made to do something else".

What's the application?

Sponsored Links
What you need is for someone to make things like these:
They would be easy enough to make, if I had to. Standard CU busbars would work if the terminals had the right spacing (which they ideally would not - since that spacing is rather wide).

Jumper bars would be standard accessories for all (? most ?) makes of DIN rail terminals.
Thanks.

Other than that it's earth blocks, earth/neutral bars for CUs, Henley blocks etc, but the former aren't insulated and the latter are big, and all of them are a bit "using something made to do something else".
Indeed, as and you can imagine, I've considered all of those. Bars from CUs would probably be ideal, and not being insulated would probably not be a problem; provided one is prepared to "use something made to do something else", one could fix them to an insulated plate or bracket installed a bit above the back of an enclosure (not really different from the situation with a CU) - but I haven't been able to find a source (other than manufacturers) for those - any ideas (a CU graveyard?!)?

Kind Regards, John.

Standard CU busbars would work if the terminals had the right spacing (which they ideally would not - since that spacing is rather wide).
18mm.
Exactly. That's why I said the spacing is rather wide for this purpose.

I haven't been able to find a source (other than manufacturers) for those - any ideas (a CU graveyard?!)?
CU accessories from the makers/distributors.
As I said, makers are really all I've found - yet to see such listed as accessories by any distributor.

Tatty old CUs on fleabay.
Yes, again as I said, "CU graveyards", but I'd obviously prefer new terminals to tatty old ones!

There's some interesting stuff there, albeit mostly rather 'heavy'. Any idea about anyone who distributes it?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Kind Regards, John

As I said, makers are really all I've found - yet to see such listed as accessories by any distributor.
Look at the product catalogues for people who make commercial/industrial distribution board systems such as M-G, Siemens, Hager, MEM, find the part numbers, Google them. Maybe also spares from domestic CU makers, like MK, Crabtree...

Yes, again as I said, "CU graveyards", but I'd obviously prefer new terminals to tatty old ones!
Unless the threads are stripped or the screw heads chewed up, a bit of Brasso will have them looking as good as new.

There's some interesting stuff there, albeit mostly rather 'heavy'. Any idea about anyone who distributes it?
Erico are just one maker - the usual suspects will also crop up, Weidmuller, Entrelec, ABB, Moeller.

Start googling for power distribution blocks and you'll probably start finding distributors, e.g. CSE. RS also sell them.

People here might be able to point you at companies who supply the panel building market....

I use plastic and steel adaptable boxes of various sizes, and DIN rail, it's NOT that expensive if you want to dress it all in and do a nice job.

CW.

Unless the threads are stripped or the screw heads chewed up, a bit of Brasso will have them looking as good as new.
Goodness - a man after my own heart. Pepsi works pretty well, too!

Start googling for power distribution blocks and you'll probably start finding distributors, e.g. CSE. RS also sell them.
Ah - I think that may well have done the trick. RS have all sorts of interesting offerings, including DIN-mounting commoning blocks and even DIN-mounting neutral/earth bars.

Many thanks for your assistance with this.

Kind Regards, John

I use plastic and steel adaptable boxes of various sizes, and DIN rail, it's NOT that expensive if you want to dress it all in and do a nice job.
Yes, I'm coming to to the conclusion that this is probably the way to go. When I talked of bulky/expensive I was thinking in terms of lots of single through terminals, but now I've found DIN-mountable commoning terminals etc., thinks are looking up. Thanks.

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back