Large wall tiles onto plaster boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you tellme if i can tile directly onto 12.5mm plaster boards that are fixed to 100mm x 50mm timbers please.
The other wall is currently brick which i plan to dot and dab fix plaster board to also.
Question reallyis....do i have to plaster skim first or will the paper backed plaster board be ok.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you tellme if i can tile directly onto 12.5mm plaster boards that are fixed to 100mm x 50mm timbers please.
Yes.
The other wall is currently brick which i plan to dot and dab fix plaster board to also.
Question reallyis....do i have to plaster skim first
No; in fact you will reduce the weight of tiles you can fix.
or will the paper backed plaster board be ok.
Yes.

Points to remember;
If it’s a bath/shower room, you should use Moisture Resistant PB not ordinary wall board.
If it’s a wet area (above a bath or in a shower cubicle) you should tank it first or it may not last long.
Always use a quality trade flexible adhesive & grout suitable for the type & size of tiles your using, not cheap DIY stuff.
Large/heavy wall tiles need a powder cement adhesive not tub mix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back