laser level not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a basic rotary level in 2010 and used it the once. It has been stored in its case ever since today.

It doesn't work and i suppose this is down to me leaving the 4 AA batteries inside the machine.

Any ideas if i can get this fixed or is it dead ?

It cost about £40 so not expensive, but i need to buy another basic one which is also rotary.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I wouldn't take a £40 laser as being reliable so I'd just chuck it.

Have you replaced the batteries?

Electronics dont just die from being sat there unused, so recheck the battery compartment and ensure the batteries are confirmed new ones.

Have you replaced the batteries?

Electronics dont just die from being sat there unused, so recheck the battery compartment and ensure the batteries are confirmed new ones.

Damp and corrosion are two of the biggest killers of sensitive electronics. They quite often die from just being sat there and at £40 I'd imagine there's no IP rating at all.

I've had £150 lasers die from just being sat there for the exact same reasons. Repairable but if they'd cost less than half I wouldn't have wasted my time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back