Laser Levels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do any of the Decs use a Laser Level for papering ? If so which one do you use. Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
I use a laser for Flooring Tiles/ wall tiles.
Spirit Level for papering,
pick up a 3/4 foot spirit level at the cheapy Pound Shops ideal for hanging Wallpaper

I use spirit levels myself, always have, just wondered if anyone had used a laser level to better effect/more accurate ?

Sponsored Links
As with Bosswhite, I only used a laser level occasionally for tiling, and even then it was only a £20 one from Lidl or Aldi. Plumb line for wallpapering because a level can run out of true, whereas gravity can't. I suppose a laser level may have been an idea for a horizontal line to get a patterned paper level but, theoretically, if you work off a vertical plumb line, the horizontal should be spot on too.

Did a job last summer working/helping out a couple of mates/multi trades on a biggish re-dec, he insisted on me trying his laser level to hang some LP. I found it annoying as by the time its positioned you can pretty much get a pencilled plumb line done and i seemed to keep getting in the way of the beam. You can pay an awful lot of money for them and i think i'd rather by a deros (opinions gladly received if you have one), but it may well be something you could get on with Robbie, and of course would be really useful for things like curtain poles, pictures etc

Actually one other thing i did notice was the laser line was way too thick (enough to throw you out of plumb), but i'd guess you'd be able to adjust that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back