Last nights TV prog about the police on BBC 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone see the programme last night about the Norwich police. They were busy chasing these drug dealers and persistent offenders.

In one scene the driver of an unmarked car was driving it whilst putting on his surgical gloves, no hands on the wheel, prior to a raid. Doesn't this consitute driver without due care?

In another scene they are busy following an offender and the comment was made that they offenders know the crs that they drive, yet all the way through the programme the number plates of the unmarked cars are in plain view, dah! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Yup :LOL:
I saw it too...!

But....
You watch Street Crime UK, and it goes through..
"Boris was charged with his 105th burglary, driving a stolen vehicle and carrying an offensive weapon.., he got 100 hours community service"

"Paul was charged with being in possession of woman's hand, and 4 counts of rape.., he was bailed, due to appear in court next year"
etc..etc..

At least last nights program sent a few of the -ers down! Even if it didn't "get the bl**dy Scousers" as they so beautifully phrased it!

On the whole I think our police force do a good job but the odd anomaly always makes interesting reading.

Perhaps you heard about the woman who was prosecuted for eating an apple (I think it was an apple) while driving. My belief from the outset was that some second rate copper thought he saw her using a mobile phone but hadn't the good grace to back down. Whatever the truth, did you also hear that said copper got his come-uppance? A newspaper reporter handed out free doughnuts outside the police station then snapped him scoffing one as he drove off!

What's sauce for the goose is mustard for the hot dog.

Sponsored Links