Latest heatbank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought the latest heatbank from gledhill i have at the moment a semi gravity primatic cylinder is it just a straight swap

Sponsored Links
Primatic cylinder is fed from CWSC so not sure about the "semi" bit...:)

Sponsored Links
HaHa it is a real system mate honest. apparently ours was fitted in 1998 it,s a primatic cylinder with a bubble and its classed as a semi gravity the boiler is a kingfisher MF 100 with a gravity flow and return and a pumped return i when,t on the boiler man site and found out what it was.

If you google semi gravity it must be an old way of doing things

A Primatic cylinder is a single feed indirect cylinder, sometimes fed from a header tank.
How many you fitted Dickie????;)
Only indirect until the bubble bursts..
The heating system is filled via the same cistern which supply's the hot and cold down services..
Whatever you do don't pull the boiler stat phial in order to clear an airlock..:)

Been a while since I had the pleasure of a primatic system. Never heard it called a semi anything.

You gotta love it when diyers make schit up to sound like they have a clue. Had one on the phone the other day trying to talk his way to a phone diagnosis to save a few bob. Was painful listening to all the made up terminology. Almost as bad as watching Scotty on star trek.

Are you saying i am making this up Dan !! the semi gravity system was used from the 1960,s to the 90,s the boiler heats up the hot water cylinder by natural convection it has one hallway stat no MV,s if you check out the honeywell site you will see the original layout i,m not talking schit obviously you,ve never seen one.

How many you fitted Dickie????;)
Only indirect until the bubble bursts..
The heating system is filled via the same cistern which supply's the hot and cold down services..
Whatever you do don't pull the boiler stat phial in order to clear an airlock..:)

Fitted loads back in the day Steely. Even with Solid Fuel Room Heaters. They're total cr.p!!

Six radiator, Primatic cylinder & Stelrad Elan. All done in a day & done streets & streets of them.
Great money but hard graft.

Are you saying i am making this up Dan !! the semi gravity system was used from the 1960,s to the 90,s the boiler heats up the hot water cylinder by natural convection it has one hallway stat no MV,s if you check out the honeywell site you will see the original layout i,m not talking schit obviously you,ve never seen one.

Yup commonly done around here. Also fully pumped with 1 zone valve for the CH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back