1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Lath and plaster lime ceiling repair - skim with gypsum?

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by dhutch, 14 Feb 2019.

1. dhutch

dhutch

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, I thought that was what was being suggested, and as I say in my mind the coving design we have would not look great with this detail.

Yeah I think it had come out well, assuming reasonable durability, I am very happy with the looks.

Daniel

2. Sponsored Links
  3. dhutch

dhutch

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thread update; we're now just over two years and no issues at all to date. Looks like new.

Room above is our bedroom and en-suite and used daily. We have also added a pair of moulded plaster ceiling roses.

Daniel

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevethespreader

stevethespreader

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Great always good to get an update like this even though im not on the site anymore i still read the e mail alerts if i get any cheers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local