Laufen Toilet Cistern problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Laufen 'Galley' cistern which has a split in the plastic 'condensation liner' inside the cistern, causing a leak into the innards. Tried fibreglass, but it still leaks. It is a 'discontinued' cistern and it appears a replacement liner is a rare beast judging by the response from Davroc.

Does anyone know of one in the UK?

If I cannot source one, is there another way to provide the necessary insulation to prevent condensation on the cistern?

Sponsored Links
Get one of these :p

$T2eC16FHJIgFHSjeOzt5BR1Bw5eocw~~60_1.JPG

Sponsored Links
Indeed. Nige, but it is a pretty drippy response.

Anyone know a forum that plumbers go to?

Seriously tho Mike, repairing plastic is a hit and miss affair, especially if you have already tried fiberglass. Not sure of your experience with fibreglass and don't wish to sound patronising but I guess you did prepare the area well? Lightly roughened with 80grit and then cleaned with spirit and resined at room temp and then left for at least 24hrs to cure properly? The reason I ask is it's a tried method to repair boats and it should work on plastic but prep needs to good. Epoxy or Plastic welding is the only other options I've seen that are successful long term.

From what I gather you cant get a replacement liner any more, it's going to be a new cistern by the looks of it.

One way to minimise condensation was to have the toilet fed from an attic cistern as the water is closer to room temp rather than cold cold as it comes out the mains.

Thanks, Rob, yes , I applied my usual high-quality work to the repair.............

Sistuation has now improved and a replacement liner located, so done with thread - and thus will NOT be ordering your set for Xmas....

Oh well done you got a replacement, result.

Awww, shame about that, I'm off to dragon's den with it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back