Prague Toilet Pan & Cistern Spares?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has just moved into a house with a leaking seal between the toilet pan and cistern. Previous owner has left paperwork which refers to the 'Prague Pan & Cistern' but with no provider/manufacturer details.

The part I am having difficulty acquiring is described in the paperwork as "Sealing Gasket (Donut Washer)". No part number provided. I have not been able to locate one on line, or find any web site which recognises the Prague model.

I have acquired (from B&Q) a "Cistern Coupling Washer" which is a basic donut, and a "Cistern Coupling" which is a half inch thick flat rubber washer which is shaped to accomodate the hexagonal nut of a cistern outlet pipe.

The original 'Prague' sealing gasket is a more robust item which appears more 'shaped' and a combination of both of the above.

Can anyone help me to identify a potential supplier for 'Prague' spares?

Alternatively, would the basic B&Q washers suffice?

Many Thanks

DM

Sponsored Links
'Prague Pan & Cistern' but with no provider/manufacturer details.

if i remember the praque cistern is rounded at the front not square ?

The original 'Prague' sealing gasket is a more robust item which appears more 'shaped' and a combination of both of the above.

can you give us a pic of the do-nut ?

Can anyone help me to identify a potential supplier for 'Prague' spares?

sure i've come across one before i'll have a check for you.
bathstore i think rings a bell.

Alternatively, would the basic B&Q washers suffice?

Many Thanks

DM

sometimes not always some require the proper one for that cistern.

Seco - you are correct, the cistern has a curved front. Unfortunately I do not have the means of providing a picture of the 'Prague seal'. I have checked 'Bathstore' you mentioned and it does recognise the 'Prague Close Coupled WC'. Their installation info however, refers to a 'flush cone' rather than a 'donut washer' . I can't find any links for spares so I will contact Bathstore for further advice. Many Thanks

BATHSTORE

going by the install pic this is a flush cone like their one.

BVBV.jpg

Sponsored Links
Serco - Thanks again for identifying the part. As I will not be able to speak with Bathstore until Monday, I have tried the internet for alternative providers but can't find the part on any 'plumbing spares' website. Is this item a bespoke solution for this particular cistern, hence my inability to source it? Even my searches against 'Watermark' is not linking anything useful!!

DM

Is this item a bespoke solution for this particular cistern
no

i know the praque wc was a bathstore item as i showed you.
but regarding the flush cone or do-nut washer i can't be 100%.

i would phone bathstore first inquiring about spares etc
or failing that remove your cistern and take measurements from your one
first before ordering any as a few mm out can make or break the job.

Spoken with Bathstore Customer Services who has suggested I order the seal from my nearest store. Unfortunately it is over 40 miles away. Have fitted the system together with a standard donut and appears to have done the trick, but will leave it for a couple of weeks before I 'make good'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back