Wickes cistern not square with wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I have a Wickes close coupled toilet pan (402-011) and matching close coupled cistern (402-211) which I am installing in my ensuite bathroom. When assembled the cistern does not sit flat to the wall. This prevents me from securing it to the wall with screws because the top of the cistern is about 1 inch from the wall when the bottom touches the wall. It seems to be a design feature of the pan that the platform at the rear which supports the cistern is not parallel to the top rim of the pan. The floor is level. The only solution I can see is to loosen the wing nuts which hold the cistern down onto the pan and then tilt the cistern back to the wall. I am worried that this may prevent the rubber donut from making a good seal. Of course I could forget about securing the cistern to the wall but I don't think this is good practise. There are only two holes in the pan to secure it to the floor and I think it might not be too secure if I went down this road. All thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back