Lavatory pan not flushed at front.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My loo pan is not fully flushing, the front area is being missed. I reckon, either the feed pipe from the cistern is partially blocked, or there is a build-up of scale where it enters the pan. Would it be feasible, to clear any scale by blocking the point where the flush water enters the bowl, and then fill the flush-pipe in the cistern with something to dissolve the blockage?
thank you,
not had such problem before.

Sponsored Links
Norfolk is a very hard water area so try poking something such as a wire coat hanger in the flush holes. Not sure if Kil-Rock gel might help.

Good dose of Limescale remover around and under the rim on a weekly basis helps keep things clear. I'd check with a small mirror if there's any sign of a blockage, poke clear as Just Pumps has suggested, then a Limescale remover if required. Wear appropriate PPE if using chemicals, although Cola will dissolve limescale if left to soak.

Sponsored Links
Is this an old pan, that has slowly got blocked?

Or a new one that perhaps due to poor design, does not flush well?

In a hard-water area, I have found that Parazone Bleach Blocks in the cistern are remarkably effective in breaking down and dissolving limescale. You won't believe it until you see it, so take a photo inside the cistern before you start using them, and then again after one month and two months.

It will wash through the channels in the rim with every flush.

If the cistern is old, the chlorine seems to accelerate aging of rubber washers, so if you have a bottom-entry filling valve you may need to replace the washer. Side-entry is not immersed so not a problem. I encountered this in a cistern that was about 30 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back