Lawn mower blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago I bought a Hyundai 38" corded mower. It has been a big disappointment from day one. It cuts ok but doesn't pickup well and leaves grass everywhere.
I think it needs a higher lift blade.
Strange thing is, if I use it by pulling backwards it cut ok and puts in bag ok. Also if I pull it backwards over the grass that's been dumped there, it picks it up.
Any thoughts please. Hyundai don't sell replacement blades I've heard. Worst purchase I've ever made

Sponsored Links
You may be able to get a replacement blade from Amazon - you may have a mulching blade fitted..
It is possible to fit the blade upside down, but most unusual! The cutting edge should be at the lowest point.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Sorry for delay

Attachments

• 20231021_101403.jpg
    20231021_101403.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20231021_101408.jpg
    20231021_101408.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20231021_101435.jpg
    20231021_101435.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 60
That's really a mulching blade, and it is doing just that.
Ideally you'll need a blade with tipped up wings, but doing a match could be difficult.
Have a look at the GHS pattern range and see if you can match one.
Resist the temptation to bend it yourself - it will never balance!
John :)

I have drilled 4 holes in blade (pic 1) and boetedoening belasting curved to it with limited success. I'll keep trying that maybe I'll get correct shape. If I could find a replacement that would be better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back