Reversible rotary lawn mower blade ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was sharpening my lawn mower blade and wandered if the blade was reversible ? It's a Champion 18" rotary mower, blade reference 181004346/3 which seems to be same foe several mowers.

The blade seems to have a bevel on both edges although one side is more raised than the other. I wandered if anyone has tried a symmetrical blade that could be reversed when one set of edges gets too far pitted. ?

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid these blades can't be used upside down as far as I know.....the cutting edge bevel would be at the top but more importantly the turned up 'wings'' are there to lift up the clippings and hurl them into the grass box.
Maybe that blade is also used on a contra rotating machine - I don't know.
John :)

OK thanks.
I'm sure there would be a way to have a symmetrical and hence reversible blade and some other part that did the blowing of the cuttings.
Anyway, just a thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back