Lawn weeds spreading Fast!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My Lawn seems to be attched by clover as it seems to be appearing on certaoin parts of the lawn quite rapidly!!! Also there appears to be other growthnon the lawn but am not too sure what is is, please see the Pics ( NOt very Good I am afraid!) and advise how to get rid of these weeds without harming the lawn if possible! Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Apologies all Pictures inserted now!!!
Hi All

My Lawn seems to be attched by clover as it seems to be appearing on certaoin parts of the lawn quite rapidly!!! Also there appears to be other growth on the lawn but am not too sure what is is, please see the Pics ( NOt very Good I am afraid!) and advise how to get rid of these weeds without harming the lawn if possible! Many thanks

View media item 13474 View media item 13475

Clover is not a weed IMO, it is a useful nitrogen fixer which gives some green when everything else goes brown. The other looks like moss. Don't try to fix it in a hurry. You need to alter the conditions gradually and the grass will take over.

In the autumn, put on some garden lime which will reduce the acidity.
Rake the moss out to open the ground a bit.
Never use granular fertiliser as it kills worms and lots else by osmosis.
Never use worm killer.
You might need to aerate the lawn a bit, but if conditions are right, the worms will do it for you.

Sponsored Links
Use Verdone Extra. Its a selective weedkiller for the lawn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back