Lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Late September early October I levelled my rear lawn with 2tonne of topsoil and seaded the area. Nearly a month later I still don't have any grass worth speaking of. Te garden is a big due to all the rain fall we've had.

Is it too late lay turf over the whole area just to get some grass down as te dog is getting plastered in mud everytime she needs a wee! Cheers all!

Sponsored Links
Unless you are very far south, tie the dog to the back door, or pop down a temporary fence as its getting a bit late. The dog on the wet topsoil cant be doing the grass seed any good?

We have frost at night, so nothing will grow.

you can lay turf anytime over winter as long as the ground is not totally waterlogged or frozen.

I just did 150sq/m today.

Sponsored Links
My area to turf is only about 30m2 and that's come in at around £80-£100 for turf. That's retail mind you.

Every day it's rains and waters pooling on the topsoil (clay underneath) so if and when it drains away I'll roll some turf out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back