Layers of a Floor and Beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I'll start by saying I've little idea if this will make sense.

We're about to have a brand new suspended timber floor, joists and floor panels. In the old days I'd have put underfelt down and carpet on top. Dead easy.

However, she who owns my wallet has decided she wants a posh wooden floor. Think high end laminate or something else in the ouch end of expensive. I've not been dragged around the shops to see what's what, but I know its coming soon.

With the cheaper stuff, I'd be planning to put underlay panels down on the floor panels, clicky laminate down on top, and beading to the skirting to allow the laminate room to move.

Glancing at a pretty catalogue a few weeks ago I noticed the flooring didn't have beading around it.

My question is how was it done? Does the high end stuff not need space to expand, or was the flooring put down then the skirting added so it was in effect the beading?

Sponsored Links
fit the skirting over the floor after it's fitted instead of fitting the floor and covering skirting gap with beading.

Well worth looking at Pergo for better end laminate, their new ranges and fitting system are fantastic.

Thanks. I'll take a look though I suspect her ladyship will spot engineered wood flooring.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I'll take a look though I suspect her ladyship will spot engineered wood flooring.

Check some of the new Pergo Original Excellence Oak products, I could'nt tell the difference at the Flooring One show in Birmingham in May.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back