Laminate floor: fitting beading.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter wants me to replace the laminate floor ‘beading’ in her bedroom. The flooring itself is still perfect but the beading is severely damaged in parts.

She lives 120miles from me and I want to make sure we have the correct kit before I start.

She’ll be buying Scotia beading from B&Q and I won’t have a problem cutting and mitring the various lengths.
https://www.diy.com/departments/goo...effect-scotia-trim-220cm/3663602534099_BQ.prd

However, I’d appreciate some advice on fitting the beading.

Nails/panel-pins???...if so, what size/type is best?....or any other fitting method?

The present beading was very badly fitted,...nailed down, with very prominent nail heads showing. Looks awful.

As ever, all advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
I use soudal brown fixall.
If you practice on an offcut, you get the right quantity that sticks but doesn't bleed out.
In any case, have a clean cloth and white spirit if you get a little bit out.

I use a brad nailer which uses tiny brads so you can hardly see the pin. But if using bigger ones then knock them in a bit with a hole punch then use a matching Silicone to fit the hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back