Laying click lock flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Forgive me if I am being really stupid but I am having great difficulty figuring out how to lay this stuff. It doesn't help that the instructions on the website haven't translated to English very well. My main issue is with joining the ends of the boards on the second and subsequent rows. Is it a case of joining the sides, leaving a gap between the ends and then knocking the ends together with the boards flat on the floor? Is this possible with the long sides locked together, especially on 2.2m boards. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Looking again at the instructions I realise that you do hammer the ends together. I say hammer and not tap because I experimented last night and when you have a metre of board locked together, it takes some effort to get the ends to close up.

Is this laminate or solid wood flooring that you are fitting together. Different manufacturers have different locking system and some are easier to fit than others. Do you have a link to the website for the flooring?

Sponsored Links
I'm still trying to get my head round the way the instructions have been worded on the site. lol. Are there no instructions included with the packs of wood flooring? Do you know what brand/range the flooring is?

Here's a youtube video that might be of help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBLHtujEi0

If you have someone to help you, you could maybe connect boards up to make an entire row, and then connect the entire row in one go to the previous row, if that makes sense.

No obvious makers name anywhere. The instructions that came with the packs consisted of some microscopically small notes and an equally small set of drawings similar to the photos on the website. I had been considering trying what you suggested about linking all the ends first. I think this is worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back