laying concrete slab for shed base butting up to garden wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking putting up a 20' x 10' concrete sectional building in my garden sitting on 4" concrete which will sit on 4" compacted hardcore.

Couple of questions if anyone can help

1) can I butt the concrete slab up against and over the top of the boundray wall foundations ( I want the building as close to the wall as possible) Boundray wall is approx 5 foot high of single red brick construction.

2) Can I run the concrete slab to within 12" of a sewer manhole cover which is in the garden also? The sewer pipes are about 2' down maybe more and wont run beneath the slab.

many thanks...

Sponsored Links
1) can I butt the concrete slab up against and over the top of the boundray wall foundations ( I want the building as close to the wall as possible) Boundray wall is approx 5 foot high of single red brick construction.

2) Can I run the concrete slab to within 12" of a sewer manhole cover which is in the garden also? The sewer pipes are about 2' down maybe more and wont run beneath the slab.

1) Yes, but there is a slight risk of differential shear crack. Prepare the base well.

2) Yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back