Laying hardcore on top of existing patio

Thanks everyone. In reply to Tell80, I used the 'cement' but the landscaper said 'sand and cement'. The problem is that the existing area isn't all brick. There are planted beds to be removed, small amount of grass to be taken up, etc. The area then needs to be levelled before the slabs go down. I'm getting the chap back this week for a discussion in depth. Many thanks for the advice everyone.

Sponsored Links
Tell80 is a renowned troll. A clueless troll that understands little about building.
Renowned and if he gets too much stick from real tradespeople, he goes away and returns under another name.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. In reply to Tell80, I used the 'cement' but the landscaper said 'sand and cement'. The problem is that the existing area isn't all brick. There are planted beds to be removed, small amount of grass to be taken up, etc. The area then needs to be levelled before the slabs go down. I'm getting the chap back this week for a discussion in depth. Many thanks for the advice everyone.

personally I think for an area that comprises different substrates, I would be concerned about differential movement across the different areas, maybe it would be best to just start from scratch and dig up whats there.

let us know what the builder says -he has seen it, we havent -I wouldnt want to give the impression he is wrong...it is all to easy for keyboard warriors on forums to complain about any and every post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back