Laying Indian Sandstone on existing hard concrete base?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
So as the title of this thread,. I want to lay Indian sandstone onto an existing hard concrete base which is level & allready slopes away from the house to the recommended fall away etc. My question is… What is the best way to do this? It has been suggested that the easiest way is to level a dry mix of sand/ sement sort of screeded between two battons about 25mm deep & laying directly onto this. But will the mortar set properly With just residual moisture etc. My prime concern is that the slabs obviously need to stay permintently fixed with general foot traffic etc. Or would you suggest wetting prior to laying with water spray, or even a wet mix? I intend to use a priming slurry on the back of the slabs aswel.
Never done this before so any advice appreciate.
Thanks, Marc.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
So as the title of this thread,. I want to lay Indian sandstone onto an existing hard concrete base which is level & allready slopes away from the house to the recommended fall away etc. My question is… What is the best way to do this? It has been suggested that the easiest way is to level a dry mix of sand/ sement sort of screeded between two battons about 25mm deep & laying directly onto this. But will the mortar set properly With just residual moisture etc. My prime concern is that the slabs obviously need to stay permintently fixed with general foot traffic etc. Or would you suggest wetting prior to laying with water spray, or even a wet mix? I intend to use a priming slurry on the back of the slabs aswel.
Never done this before so any advice appreciate.
Thanks, Marc.
Laid mine on 100mm of wet mortar, if they are mixed sizes you need a drawing of the area with pattern to follow . (Avoid long continues joints or 4 joints meeting if using mixed sizes .)

Sponsored Links
The skillbuilder channel on youtube has just posted a video on this, worth a look

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back