Laying laminate on stairs advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping you guys can help me out. My friend and I are going to be fitting some laminate in his shop over the weekend. The shop floor is separated on two levels by 5 steps. What is the best way to fit laminate on to the stairs? With or without adhesive? He was supplied with a gold Stikatak stair profile, but what about the joint where the tread meets the riser. Can we just used colour matching sealant?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
check your insurance.

laminate is slippery (what if its raining too?)

I worked on an apartment block where we had step in a living room with a laminate floor, we ended up getting a hardwood nosing made up. Breezer speaks the truth, if its going in a shop (be it staff or public using it) it would be good practice for you to use a 'contrasting colour/material' for the nosings, if someone trips/falls there could be a claim! Not to mention the slippy when wet scenario :!:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice and concern guys. I've never fitted laminate on stairs before for the reason of safety. I did tell my friend about my concerns before I posted on here, but he still insists on having it done. What am I supposed to do as a friend?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back