Laying out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have followed Gcol's useful sticky re.. laying out tiles for the wall, I am now organising the floor and using the same principal

The width of the bathroom is 43 ins, the tiles are 13 ins sq

When I take a centre line, is it from the centre of the doorway or the actual bathroom :?: ( bath to wall.) Because I have layed some out from middle of doorway but when I go in ive got 2 full tiles and on one side I have 8 ins gap and on the other its 9 ins

Shall I just move the centre line in the doorway 1/2 inch so I have 8 1/2 ins gap both sides. Hope that makes sense Thanks P M

Sponsored Links
No hard and fast rules poshman. Just do whatever you think will bother you less.

ok, but now the boss has asked me why dont I lay 3 whole tiles 3x13 and then lay 4 ins pieces along skirting, that would be less cutting but I dont think it would look right do you :?:

BTW she always thinks shes right :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back