Laying Parquet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to lay some brand new oak parquet flooring. I live in an old victorian property and the old fllor was terracotta tiles layed directly onto an ash sub floor. As a result, the damp had penetrated the terrecotta tiles and ruined them. I have taken up the old floor, layed a DPC membrane and layed new floor above (Concrete). Can i lay my new parquet floor directly onto the concrete? If so what is the best adhesive to use? I have seen Sika adhesive advertised on ebay. I know the old method was to use hot tar, is this not the case anymore. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Martyn

Sponsored Links
Hi martynb

How thick are your parquet blocks? Our normal blocks are 10mm and when we need to install them directly onto concrete we first install an Oak mosaic subfloor 8mm thick (Oak industrial grade) for leveling out the concrete and creating a very stable and smooth 'underfloor' for the design to be installed on.
Normal parquet adhesive is suitable, like lecol5500 or F.Ball B92 (Stycobond)

Hi, appreciate the feedback,

The blocks are 18mm thick - Oak

The concrete floor is a very level finish already (smooth), so was hoping might be able to apply adhesive/flooring directly onto the concrete floor? Your thoughts??

Thanks for the recommendation re adhesives, il'l check these out, i know from just sniffing around a few other related websites that SIKABOND T54 is mentioned quite a lot. Is this suitable? I need to go away and check out the price differences with those you recommend,

Once again, your advice is greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Martyn.

18mm can be glued down directly to a smooth concrete surface.

Sika T54 is a good product, flexible adhesive, mostly used when there is UFH involved.
Lecol5500 or F.Bal B92 are very suited too for your kind of job (and lesser in price).
Make sure you use a proper notched trowel when applying the adhesive.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for all your advice on this, greatly appreciated.

Martyn. :D

Hi, i was struggling to find any Lecol 5500 in my area, or sikabond T54. I have got hold of some Laybond L16 however, is this suitable for my purpose??

hi martyn, i was wondering if you went ahead with the flooring, and if so, did the laybond L16 do the business? thanks if you can help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back