Laying Patio in new build and Drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Im gearing up to lay a slate patio in my square back yard and wondered if anyone had advice about drainage. Its a new build property, with the usual heavy clay soil. Ive excavated enough soil for a decent sub base layer, and a full mortar bed which i had in my mind would slope away from the house (as i thought this was standard practice- please correct me if im wrong!) Ive noticed that the house guttering leads into a 25cm gravel channel along the back wall of the house- ive not actually dug into it to see whats there yet- maybe someone knows?
Anyway someone brought up an interesting point with regard to drainage... What happens in the winter with all the water- will the rest of my garden turn into a bog? Is there any neat solution i should about to make sure the water is drained sufficiently?

thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back