Laying Solid Oak Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

just after bit of advice really........ I have a room which is approx 28sq mtrs in size and want to lay a solid wood floor in it. I have purchased the flooring already which has come in random planks of tongue and groove oak. The floor it is to be laid on is a floating chipboard floor (block and beam, damp proof membrane, 70mm celotex then the chipboard flooring). Is it best to fix the new oak floor to the chipboard floor or is it best to glue the tongues on the oak so the oak floor floats on top of the chipboard (which also floats!).

Also I would like to know what are the best types of glues I should use for the job. A friend has told me Silka products are the best to use? Any experiences? I plan to start this in a couple of days so would appreciate any help.

Many thanks

Neil

Sponsored Links
For solid wood flooring secret nail and glue the T&Gs throughout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back