Lazy Tong Rivet Gun trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

It’s my first time riveting and need some advice. I need to rivet a set of brackets to my car (photo enclosed). The rivets are 6.4mm Stainless steel rivets.

I brought a new Lazy Tong Riveter, but now having a bit of trouble with the Rivet Gun and rivets. Though would like some advice to see if I am doing something wrong?

First 2 rivets went in ok. However each time the broken rivet pin got stuck in the riveter and I have to take the head apart to free it. The trouble I am now having is getting the Lazy Tong rivet head right down the rivet head, for me to start squeezing. If I force the riveter down to the rivet head it pushes the pin through. It’s like the rivet pin doesn’t want to go through the riveter now?

I notice that there are 3 little grab pieces in the head with seems spring loaded. Once I disturbed these it doesn’t seem to be performing well? Do these have to go in a certain way around?

brickwerkspotlightbrackets.jpg

Sponsored Links
Many years since i have used Lazy Tong Riveter, when you form the rivet extend the lazy tong then the pin should fall out, 7 years since last used them so a bit rusty on them.

Hope this migght help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back