lcd thermostats for underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my new flat which was developed before I purchased, I have discovered so many problems including lcd thermostats for underfloor heating which are beyond my comprehension

The make of the thermostat is Timegard (tpt44). I haven't got a clue how to work them. I've read the instructions which appear to be double dutch. I even rang the manufacturer's technical department. I got the distinct impression that they also didn't know how to use the devices.

After randomly switching all the buttons and countless resettings, I have managed to get some heat from one of the mats but negligible and it just goes off an on when ever it feels like it. Can anyone tell me how these things works?

If like me, you think they are rubbish, can you recommend a simple and cost effective alternative thermostat which I can program to come on automatically at different times of the day?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have managed to dig up some information about the floor mats from I can get very little heat.

They are 1600 watt and 1.5m2, but I don't yet know who makes them.

I wonder if the Timeguard thermostats that were installed by the developers are unsuitable for the mats. If they are, can anyone recommend a make that is okay to use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back