LCD v Plasma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which is the better formate for hd tv. I still have crt with hour glass picture on some channels. Help please!!!

Sponsored Links
Which is the better formate for hd tv. I still have crt with hour glass picture on some channels. Help please!!!

Do you have a HD source? Each have their own pro's and cons. What size are you looking at? Are you wanting HD ready (720p) or Full-HD (1080p).

Do you have a HD source? Each have their own pro's and cons. What size are you looking at? Are you wanting HD ready (720p) or Full-HD (1080p).

Why would anyone NOT want a 1080

As far as LCD v PASMA, Not much between them these days.
There are plenty of sites where they will explain in (to much) detail, http://www.google.com/search?q=pasm...ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLJ_en

LCD could not be made in large screen sizes a few years ago, now it can.
PASMA is spose to be beter for fast movement.

In my opinion a good plasma will outgun a good lcd screen by some degree. Deeper blacks, crisper whites, better handling of fast motion and a more natural image (skintones etc)

The only time I wouldn't specify a plasma over an lcd would be for a screen where a games console/computer was going to be attached and used for extended periods. This is due to the possibility of screen retention however this isnt as bad as the LCD lovers make out. ;)

Hope that helps,

Lee

Sponsored Links
But having a demo, is nothing like in your room, in your time.
Reports/recomendations & then of course why pay more for a Sony/Panasonic, when an LG is showing the same programmes.. :LOL:

I'm looking to change my faulty Plus Box for a Sky HD+ Box. thjere are good offers here in Wales as we are being switched soon. I think a 42" would be a good size. 1080 would be a must.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back