lead flashing dormer extension?

Sponsored Links
This is quite interesting really. Single lap tiles can’t really be soakered unless it’s a secret gutter but then how is this achieved with a small chimney straddling the ridge? I’m not dismissing what’s been said but I’ve had it out with a very argumentative clerk of works. Opinions??

That’s true m8. So how would you secret gutter a small chimney with minimal pitch?

Sponsored Links
4BA6581F-1F18-4F23-BB21-2A999B0FF4CA.jpeg

That’s a recent Calderdale picture at 35degree pitch on a 730 sqm job! Felts keeping the water out it seems

is that near a valley? what is the detailing at the tile over grp? pictures? from afar too...
The batten above looks ok?

It is m8. I can’t work the picture out myself as it looks uncut but the valleys been cut and mucked. The reason I’ve noticed the ingress is due to the roof having 40 vents in it and couldn’t have any water getting in as the rooms were boarded when it was got in the dry. More pictures that are also alarming. Tiles Calderdale edge.

Attachments

• 2B5FCE4B-6423-46AC-92E0-3E1FE1930D30.jpeg
    2B5FCE4B-6423-46AC-92E0-3E1FE1930D30.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 115
  • 36CDA700-EBE2-4185-8949-96EE3A985205.jpeg
    36CDA700-EBE2-4185-8949-96EE3A985205.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 111
well obviously the top tile alongside the tape has been placed to show headlap.
picture ending 205 looks a bit less headlap ?
A shot of the whole valley might be good.

How long has it been completed?

It was me that done the roof m8. The pictures are more to show the unreliability of sandtoft Calderdale edge. We re having a rep out to cast an eye over it .

Attachments

• 518FFBE1-178E-4366-A00E-B03F919D9D5D.jpeg
    518FFBE1-178E-4366-A00E-B03F919D9D5D.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
tbh there's not much difference between these and moderns or even mini stonewolds they have been around a long time. so a strange issue.
I do not see the valley is a problem if the detailing and mortar is correct.
was the weather bad when you tiled it in?

The weathers always bad in Folkestone to be fair. Calderdale edge are relatively new as opposed to Calderdale. The edge only have one water check on the channels whereas mini stonewold and moderns have two. The tiles are only pulled to what the manufacturer allows if even. But you still wouldn’t expect water to get over that check . Also when pulling the tiles out the backs of them were damp which could be down to being a green issue. Will need to wait and see what the rep has to say

We have to match what’s on the existing Premier inn Catlad unfortunately, and it’s open valleys on that.

It looks long and narrow that valley is it not possible that
when its raining hard its shooting across the valley?
I thought that was part of the reason for the closed
valleys with the ridge in the middle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back