lead flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just wondering if anyone has a link for lead abutment flashings new extension joining onto existing house wall. roof slated then flashing on top of slate ( not a windy area) been on LSA site but it doesn't give a brilliant clear diagram. building control say this method is just used for maintenance which i find crap, customer at it i think. all other specs followed exactly as LSA states and they've been followed that way by me for 18 years now!!!! I was wondering if they were going to say anything about aprons now too as they sit on top too!! thanks for any links or help in advance.

Sponsored Links
all scottish style scottish, slates on to breathable felt which is on sarkin with 3 quarter doublin tight into wall. slates with collars cut and nailed head and side. inch raggle cut with lead chased in and screwd with washer into rawplug through upstand put on lead in raggle then 2 coats of patination applied. ive theory customer not liking due to birds crapping on lead!!!!! or just a moaner hiding behind building control which i know wouldnt be moaning about this practice!!!

Sponsored Links
Ive done alot of historic Scotland work and everything usually has to be to the letter if its one of those sort of jobs your doing

thanks for reply bud, its almost laughable the hassle hes causing everyone and its only a small extension 4m ridge to gutter by 5m wall to verge!!!!
the guy is a nugget. am just needing something to prove ive not done it wrong!!!!

. building control say this method is just used for maintenance which i find crap, customer at it i think.
I would consider a copper clip on the side of the flashing held under the lap of the slates - should keep B.C happy and therefore the customer ;) Can`t find a link tho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back