Lead pipe replacement - INSUduct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm replacing our old lead water pipe as flow and pressure abysmal and of course the health issues with lead.

As we have solid concrete floors I have opted for an Insuduct box to bring in the new water feed above ground.

I'm using 25mm MDPE pipe connected via an elbow to a "hockey stick" (preformed MDPE pipe with elbow) which will pass through the wall.

I'm unsure how best to proceed from here, I have a 25 to 22mm stop valve and wish to keep the pipework as close to the wall as possible, I was planning on using another 90 elbow on the end of the hockey stick but have read that there should be no pipe joins before the stop valve.
I was also considering a second "hockey stick" with a straight pipe coupling in the insulated wall/duct but additionally no joins allowed in inaccessible places such as ducts/walls.

Any ideas much appreciated, thank you.
1000064945.gif

Sponsored Links
I don't see an issue using an elbow immediately inside the property, needs an elbow, underground at the bottom of the 'Hockey Stick', so just fit another inside, then the Stop Tap.

Thanks @Hugh Jaleak

Elbow installed before stop tap and is close enough to wall for my liking, will be fabricating a skirting board box to hide it, with an easy access flap for isolating and inspecting.

Might have had to remove an inch or so off the house foundation to get insuduct flush to wall, don't tell anybody

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back