Lead roof v zinc roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are putting an extension on a grade 2 listed and have got planning agreement. The architect drew up plans for a zinc roof but would lead be a better option? The roof size is approx 4x3 and has to be one of these materials because it's a really low pitch. The planner mentioned that all happy to agree zinc lead would be more in keeping.

Pros/cons and ideas re: costs would be much appreciated in helping me know what is best. (I've done lots of googling without any luck!)

Sponsored Links
There have been plenty of threads on here debating lead versus zinc, if lead is it liable to get pinched? Zinc is very nice, lead is gorgeous, I recall that zinc is around £85/m2 and lead double, both will last longer than you. If the planners will allow zinc then fit that, it's a no brainer. Don't forget the vital ventilation and ensure you get the detailing right with either product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back