Lead to Copper pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change the stopcock in the kitchen as it has siezed. The main pipe below is 25mm Outside Diameter Lead (Internal Diameter unknown) with 15mm Outside Diameter Copper above. Are there any stopcocks on the market to accomodate this pipe connection. Any advice welcome thanks.

Sponsored Links
HI

buy a fitting which is called LEADLOCK .use it to connect lead to a copper.
then fit stoptap to copper .i will explain again.
old lead to LEADLOCK fitting
LEADLOCK fitting to new 22mm-15mm copper
copper to stoptap
happydays :D

Remember to get the correct size leadlok fitting though and be careful-Ihave heard these fittings are not the easiest and can leak a bit ... ??

firstly try to isolate water elsewhere is ther a stopcock in pavement etc.then repair existing stopcock.
secondly a lead to copper stop cock is generally not available.you need a fitting called a lead lock,short piece of 15mm tube and then fit stopcock.
lead lock info/sizes see faq.s www.melimatic.com/lead_loc.htm

good luck

Sponsored Links
Or make life easy and just turn off water outside and fit a new stop tap above the old one.......if you have the space that is. Or, unscrew the stop tap shaft on the old one and replace just this (but they can be a devil to unscrew).....or, leadlok as stated......but i would pick that as last resort....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back