Leaded Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice ref stripping my windows. I plan on stripping the windows and sills right back to bare wood. My main worries are:

a) I am going to buy a heat gun (DeWalt) today - there is a lot of stripping to do so i thought I would get a reasonable one. I know that I am going to have t o take care near the glass. Would you recommend that I use the gun on the frames and use some sort of stripper on the actual windows.

b) the windows that I have are leaded (some windows have orginal leaded ie. multi pieces of glass- others are fake - 1 piece if glass) - what effect may this solvent have on the lead.....???

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Tony :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Turn your heat setting down low for when you get near the glassand you could try masking it off with a shield of some sorts.

Chemical stripper may well damage the lead..again mask the strips up if you are going to use this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back