Leading brexiteer champions more immigration...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The paragraph relating to regulation in the City of London is telling: no concessions from the EU in that regard.
That was because UK wanted to be outside of the EU's financial regulations. For obvious reasons I might add, and why the ERG were so vigorous in support of Brexit. Think of some of their members finacial dealings: Jacob Rees-Mogg, Chris Grayling, etc.
But Mr Cameron ran into unexpectedly firm resistance from France on financial regulation. The French wanted to underline was that Britain would not win any "exceptions to the rules of the EU" - particularly in relation to regulation in the City - hence the addition of the "level playing field" line.

The ERG funding was secretive and tax-payer funded.
Taxpayers’ money is being used to fund an influential group of hard-line pro-Brexit Conservative MPs who are increasingly operating as a "party-within-a-party".

In July 2019 a tribunal declared that the ERG's research must be made public.

The ERG has also been funded by a secretive group called the Constitutional Research Group.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Exactly. That’s why we need to limit supply or load a premium onto the businesses who rely on 'cheap' labour at the expense of the British worker. I know that will drive prices up but it shouldn’t always be about the bottom line.
Low prices and liw wages is not differenf to high prices and high wages. Its the cost of living that matters.
That is not solved by stopping free movement or putting pricesup

Some countries have laws discouraging, for example, "zero hours" contracts, low pay, or unpaid overtime.

You need to revisit your history:
Francois Hollande was president of France in 2015. He was president from 2012 to 2017. Sarkozy had been out since 2012.

David Cameron got most of what he wanted from the summit. It was the ERG, Farage et al that claimed he had fallen short of his demands.
David Cameron's demands were all about EU workers in UK. His demands were absolutely nothing about asylum seekers.
Most of the opposition to Cameron's demands on limiting benefits to EU workers emanated from the Eastern European countries.
I forgot you live in France, so i suppose you'd remember that...

15623045.gif

Now go away before i taunt you a second time...

Sponsored Links
Exactly. That’s why we need to limit supply or load a premium onto the businesses who rely on 'cheap' labour at the expense of the British worker. I know that will drive prices up but it shouldn’t always be about the bottom line.

We did not need to limit supply, we needed stronger Labour protections.

Sweden and Denmark both have collective wage bargaining and the lowest paid workers earn sufficient money to live properly.

I forgot you live in France, so i suppose you'd remember that...

15623045.gif

Now go away before i taunt you a second time...
Don't like being corrected, so you behave like a school child?
It's expected from peddlers of fake information.

I'm not sure what it is you find so amusing, your blatant peddling of fake information, your infantile behaviour, or your resort to abuse.
Either of them would define you as a troll, in the accepted sense of the word.

It was a simple mistake. Nothing more.
Now get off your high horse and drink your milk, cowboy.

It was a simple mistake. Nothing more.
Now get off your high horse and drink your milk, cowboy.
Then any normal adult would have apologised, even thanks, for the highlighting of the 'simple mistake'.
But you resorted to abuse which shows how you react to being corrected over a 'simple mistake'.

But in addition, it showed how poorly revised your whole view and recall on that issue is and was. That resulted in far worse than just a 'simple mistake'. It was a totally inaccurate representation of history.

Somebodies thin skin been pierced again and so the thread goes off topic yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back