Leak from both heating elements in Pulsacoil BP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've noticed that my 7yo Pulsacoil is leaking form both heating elements when the cylinder get cold. The leak is directly from the threads, and only occurs after using larger amount of hot water. In the morning, after the heating period, no leaking.
A plumber inspected the unit and noticed that the front wall of the cylinder cover is bulged, which may suggest that the cylinder has expanded above normal or even cracked. In that case the changing the heating elements is pointless.

Did anyone had similar problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20181206_081540.jpg
    IMG_20181206_081540.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 69
Sponsored Links
sounds like you need a new cylinder, when the insulation bulges like that it usually means that the cylinder has failed

Damn! Seams like I shouldn't even bother with replacing the immersion heater and go string to replacing the whole unit.

Sponsored Links
The pulsacoil is a fair age now, get a second onsite opinion to be sure but any I have come across with insulation bulges the cylinder has failed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back